Our team at Flesherton Concrete Products has extensive experience in the concrete industry, and you can count on us to help you select the best materials for your project. When planning any construction or landscaping project, it’s important to choose the right aggregates. For those who are unfamiliar with the term, an aggregate is a particulate material such as gravel or sand which is used in concrete, as a foundation for pavement, and more. Below, our team will go over some of the many aggregates we offer to help you choose the right one for your needs.
- Stone – Crushed stone makes an ideal aggregate to use as the foundation of any paving project. In addition, certain stone aggregates, such as crushed limestone, are a great option for landscaping due to their striking color.
- Gravel – Our team also offers a variety of gravels, including A gravel, B gravel, and crushed gravel. For those wondering, the difference between crushed stone and gravel is the texture—the individual rocks in gravel tend to be more rounded and smoother than crushed stones, which tend to be sharper and more jagged.
- Limestone – One of the best aggregates to use in concrete is limestone, as it offers strength and durability and prevents the concrete from shrinking as much as it does.
- Sand – Our team also offers a variety of sand options, including playground sand, filter sand, and mason sand, to help you complete a variety of projects.
- Recycled Concrete – Another of our many aggregate options is recycled concrete. Among its many other applications, this material makes a great base for roads.
If you want to know more about the various aggregates we offer, simply give our team a call to consult our experts directly.